Last updated: May 30, 2019
Accessing our site
When you visit this website for the first time, we display a small banner at the bottom of the screen asking you if you consent to third-party services. When you act on this, we place a cookie (a small text file) on your device to remember your choice.
If you don’t visit the website after 1 year, this cookie is deleted and you will see the third-party services banner again on any visits after that.
We’re interested in knowing where our visitors come from and what they do on our website. It helps us optimize content and decide which channels to invest in to promote our content.
That’s why we’ve added analytics trackers to this website. We use Google Analytics as a service.
By default, we track our visitors anonymously, meaning we store no identifying cookies and anonymize your IP address. When you browse our website, we track the following non-personal information:
- Referring campaigns or URLs: We store the website, newsletter or platform you came from, so we know which channels are driving traffic to this website.
- Country, region, and language: While not in multiple languages, this website serves a global audience. Seeing where visitors come from may help us decide which languages and countries to invest in in the future.
- Device and browser information: To optimize our website for devices and see how well our website works for visitors on different screens.
- Viewed pages and taken action: To get insights on how people navigate our website. However, we mainly use this information to get aggregate insights on which pages on our website are popular.
When you opt-in to sharing your data, our analytics providers store an identifying cookie so we can recognize you when you revisit our website, and know that you are a returning visitor. The cookies will stay on your device for 2 years (Google Analytics).
Controlling your data
If you want to:
- Review any data we have on you
- Want your data deleted
- Get in touch with us with privacy-related questions
If you want to:
- Opt-out of tracking
Follow the instructions here